If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
What species do we see?
- We treat a wide range of exotic species, including but not limited to:
- Birds - canaries/finches, budgerigars/parakeets, parrots of all species (including parrotlets, lovebirds, conures, quaker parrots, african grey parrots, cockatiels, cockatoos, macaws, etc), chickens and turkeys, ducks and geese, doves and pigeons, and many more...
- Small mammals - rabbits, guinea pigs, sugar gliders, flying squirrels, hedgehogs, chinchillas, degus, rats, gerbils, mice, hamsters, prairie dogs
- Reptiles/Amphibians - bearded dragons, chinese water dragons, iguanas, chameleons, geckos, monitors, skinks, non-venomous snake species, aquatic turtles, box turtles, tortoises, frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, axolotls, all species of fish, tarantulas, hermit/other crabs, scorpions, and more!
- Wildlife - We do see varying wildlife for treatment, rehabilitation and release.
What payment services do we offer?
- We accept cash, check, debit and credit cards - (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express). We also accept Care Credit and Nationwide Pet Insurance (previously VPI).
In House Laboratory
- We do the majority of our routine bloodwork and cytology in-house. This provides you with rapid, same-day results on your pet's health status. We can also do full blood panels safely on any size patient that weighs more than 1oz. Our technicians have received specialized training to be able to perform and interpret exotic pet microscopic evaluation.
- Our clinic now has an in-house lead machine! With a very small blood sample we are able to test your pet for lead. Birds, rabbits, ferrets, and other species often get into things they aren't supposed to- if we suspect lead toxicosis, our machine allows us to have results in less than 3 minutes.
In House Radiography
- We are proud to be able to provide high quality x-rays to assist in the diagnosis of your pet's condition.
Microsurgical & Endoscopy
- Our microsurgical instruments allow our doctors to perform precise operations safely on even the tiniest patients and their delicate tissues. Our endoscopy equipment enables us to evaluate difficult to reach areas of our patient's anatomy.
- Dental problems are one of the most common reasons small mammals such as rabbits, chinchillas, and guinea pigs get sick. Even ferrets need periodic dental cleanings, just like dogs and cats do! We have specialized equipment allowing us to safely and effectively treat a wide variety of dental problems in small mammals.
- Our practice offers laser therapy as additional treatment for patients with arthritis, chronic or acute pain, feather destructive behaviors, wounds or other injuries, and post-surgical incision areas. Therapeutic lasers speed up the healing process, and provide pain relief for ongoing issues as well!
- Due to the small sizes and special needs of most of our exotic patients, many of our medications are specially compounded for us. We maintain close relationships with several area pharmacists that have special training and equipment for compounding medications for our exotic pets. Many of our medications are available from our own pharmacy. Specific or specialty prescriptions may be scripted out directly to the pharmacy. Many of these medications can be flavored to your pet's liking.
- We carry a variety of topical and nutritional products, as well as herbal supplements! Dr. Wade has worked to come up with herbal formulas such as kidney, liver, and cardiac support formulas.
Specialized Pet Foods
- All of our exotic pets have different dietary needs! We provide clients with caresheets and diet recommendations that meet the needs specific to their pet. During your pet's annual physical we will discuss diet to be sure your pet is getting optimal nutrition.
- For birds, we carry an extensive line of Harrison bird foods that come in a variety of sizes depending on species. We also have Lafeber Nutriberries that we may special order for you if desired.
- We also have Oxbow and Emeraid critical care diets on hand for herbivore, omnivore, and carnivore species. These formulas are great for sick or ailing pets that aren't eating well on their own!
- There are special situations where your pet's condition may require the assistance of a secondary specialist, such as a veterinary ophthalmologist or veterinary oncologist. We maintain close relationships with several local and regional veterinary specialists for these additional health needs and will coordinate your referral if needed.
Housecalls and Flock Visits
- We offer home visits for special needs situations as well as larger groups of birds or other animals.
- Behavioral problems such as feather plucking and excessive screaming can be very common in pet birds. If behavioral issues arise, we will address any concerns you have. You may print and fill out our Avian Behavioral Form and bring it with you to your appointment!
Microchipping and Leg-Band Removal
- We are able to microchip birds over 100 grams and can apply American Federation of Aviculture leg-bands for identification. We also have specialized equipment to safely remove any ill-fitting leg band.
- Dr. Wade is an accredited USDA veterinarian and is able to provide examination for international travel.